Prototype

 

 Image from my Unity Game. 
Source : Me. 

Week 7, the week I finally get to start my prototype for my unity game. My prototype is probably the most basic thing you've ever seen in your life but I tried ! I went through the steps in the lecturers teams video to give me a basic understanding of where to start on my game, as I know for myself and many others, I did not have any idea where to start my game. Unity is still a touch and go thing for me, I still have some problems going through the tutorials, very small things like something not spawning or moving properly but I still persevere through. 

In terms of progression in my game, once I created the objects and added what I needed in the hierarchy, I felt less anxious about starting the game. I also created the plane for my game to be set, which was one of the first things I added to my scene. I then added shapes for the obstacle and player as placeholders for now, as I'm still unsure how to create a realistic player in Unity or in other applications. I then created most of my scripts for my player and obstacles. My game is an endless runner so I'm happy with what I've done so far in this basic prototype, for next week I hope to continue the prototype, start adding more code to move the objects and player and then work on graphics once everything works smoothly. 


Comments

  1. Hey Tara, Good start on your project. I really like how you admit you still have problems with unity, as we all do haha, but you persevere, which is awesome because it shows you are determined to get the task at hand completed. I think a lot of us are the same though, so props to you for that. I personally think starting the game is a bit intimidating, but as you get into it, you start thinking of everything you want to include and add in, which is when it starts becoming enjoyable. You also have the internet to look up anything you are stuck on and the unity tutorials at hand, but well done with the start so far and best of luck over the coming weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Tara great start on your project i can see it coming together really nicely. i like how you made the ground with the colour brown. and i know your having problem with unity its a headache for me too. i love how your game is a endless running game i myself love playing game like temple runner any other game and im trying to move the player in mine game too. i cant wait to see more of your game in action keep up the good work and other weeks a head your almost there lets goooo sister !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts