Review Week Comments and Feedback

 

Image of a group of people at a laptop.
Source : Unsplash


This module heavily focused on the idea of feedback, both receiving and giving feedback to and from other peers. I enjoyed this part of the module, going through other students blogs and commenting each week and receiving my own feedback on my project tasks and blogs. It was a great way to feel motivated to keep on track with my peers, get inspiration or knowledge from their own blogs, and most importantly, getting to know some people better that I hadn't had the chance to last year at home. 

The comments I've received from my peers have not only been helpful, but kind, constructive and positive. My confidence for my own game idea and its development has been greatly helped by my peers commenting weekly, giving helpful insights and constructive criticism, but overall positive feedback nonetheless. I appreciate the time taken from my peers to give me feedback on the more important blog posts, especially for my game ideation, game design document, and game development. 

The feedback comments I've been leaving on my peers blog posts I believe have equally been positive, constructive and helpful (I hope). I've taken time each week to comment on several peers blogs on their most important posts in gaining feedback, in terms of the game design etc. I've definitely tried to be a helpful hand in terms of feedback and a positive one for my peers. It was definitely (and still is) a stressful time in terms of creating a game idea and starting and developing a game. A lot of us didn't know where to start and all of us were honest in that in the blog comments which definitely alleviated any individual stress. My own strategy in giving feedback is to read through all of the blog posts, focus on the most important information, and think about what works and what could need more help with. 

My favourite part of the blog and comments was definitely creating and commenting on each others introduction post. I got to know my peers better especially those I know little about. I think it was a great idea not only for the module to do, but it definitely benefited our year after being 100% online for the whole of first year. It definitely eased any nerves about not knowing certain people and I found that our year grew more comfortable with each other. 

Looking forward, I definitely wish to give and receive a bit more feedback each week with my peers. I want to be more punctual and give feedback to my peers in real time and not a week after they make their posts. It would be more beneficial in that way.

Comments

Popular Posts