Unity Tutorial 06

Image taken from my own Unity.
Source : Me

This week I completed Unit 3, tasks 3.3 and 3.4 specifically. This weeks tutorials focused on animation controls and sound effects, which were both incredibly interesting to learn and try out myself. In terms of player animation controls, it is largely based on "if" statements, something I've grown more familiar with in recent weeks. 

Unit 3.3 was focused solely on plater animations, specifically adding 3 animations to the player character, running, jumping and death. These 3 controls coincided with the game play and made the game more interesting and engaging when playing. A lot of this task focused on tweaking the speed of each animation so they all ran smoothly with one another and with the backgrounds speed. It was fun looking at the animation controller in Unity, something I hadn't done before but gave great insight into the mechanics of the game. This tutorial went smoothly for me until part 5 where I struggled run the player falling over if they hit an obstacle. 

Unit 3.4 focused on sound and particle effects, again something new I hadn't done before in Unity but very helpful in terms of adding it to my own Unity game. I created music that played as the player runs through the scene, kicking up dirt particles as the sound plays, which was incredibly fun to do. Another sound played while they jumped into the air and as they run into an obstacle. 

Comments

Popular Posts